Friday, November 26, 2010

Heathers Birthday

I had a wonderful 23rd birthday (24 Korean age!) in Korea!





I received some packages, cards and love through the mail! I was very blessed by everything everyone sent! Thank you! It seems that my love language in Korea is receiving packages! I feel all giddy and excited to get something in the mail, like a little girl!



The day was very peaceful and just a good day in general!




My kids were all really sweet and said happy birthday. Some made me little cards or pictures. :) Very sweet!


At lunch, I went to my desk and
found two cheesecakes and a bouquet of flowers with a card saying that everything was from my students mothers and thanking me for teaching their children. SO sweet! I was very touched. It was such a surprise! The cake said "From Your 9 little Angels." :) This made me very happy!


Since, I already received two cakes my school brought in some pizza with candles on them to blow out! And gave me a little birthday money! :)

That night Zachary and I went to a really nice and expensive restaurant, Vine O Le. The food was delicious and beautifully presented! We had a really good time.
We had a 4 course meal. Bread and oil. Mushroom and Sirloin Salad. Chicken and mushroom pasta, poured over sweet bread. And sirloin with veggies on top (above). And cake for dessert. Delicious!

It was a great day!
Thank you for all the face book comments, texts, calls and love!

No comments:


Korean Fact #11: Old ladies in Korea, are called, "ajumas," and usually have feisty personalities.